Contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your free 30-min consultation.
I have designed and facilitated a wide-range of creative writing, college application essay, and storytelling workhops for:
- The Astoria Bookshop
- Fairleigh Dickison University
- Legal Outreach’s College Bound Program
- Madison Junior School/ Madison Education Foundation
- Palisades Convention Management, Inc.
- The Spence School
- Success Academy Charter Schools
- Summerfuel’s CAP Columbia Program
- Sunnyside Plays
- Woodhaven Neighborhood Senior Center/ Queens Council on the Arts
Contact me to design a workshop that best fits the needs of your school, office, or organization.
College Essay Writing Instructor
Word define a student: athlete, valedictorian, first-generation, coder, council leader. Words can also tell the story behind the transcript.
- Work one-on-one with high school students to identify meaningful personal stories that highlight their unique character and voice.
- Experience includes two years as an essay writing instructor for Summerfuel’s CAP Columbia program and four years with Legal Outreach—a legal education non-profit that prepares urban youth from underserved communities in NYC for college.
- Prior students have been accepted at Bates, Baruch, Brown, Columbia, Fordham, Hampton, Harvard, Marist, Middlebury, Northwestern, NYU, Princeton, Smith, UPenn, URochester, University at Albany, Williams, Wellesley, Yale, and more.
“Show don’t tell” is key for college application essays too!
Here’s why it works: Information is absorbed through our five senses and
processed by our brain’s limbic system resulting in an emotional response.
A gut punch. A heart lift. A stomach drop.
Learn how to SHOW vivid sensory details to TELL personal stories that
college admissions officers connect with emotionally.
Creative Writing Coach
Stuck on how to finish that short story or screeenplay? Have a memoir you are itching to write but don’t know where to begin?
Reach out and I am happy to chat about how one-on-one coaching can help you reach your writing goals.