College Essay Coaching
A good personal statement provides colleges with a strong writing sample. A GREAT personal statement acts as a marketing piece showcasing a potential student’s desirable qualities to admissions officers.
- I work intently with high school juniors and seniors to identify meaningful personal stories that highlight their unique character and voice. My goal is for students to both complete any essays required for their college applications and gain confidence in their writing.
- Professional experience includes working as a College Essay Writing Instructor for Summerfuel’s CAP Columbia program and Legal Outreach—a legal education non-profit that prepares urban youth from underserved communities in NYC for college.
- Past students have been accepted to Brown, Bates, Columbia, Fordham, Harvard, Middlebury, Northwestern, NYU, Smith, UPenn, URochester, Williams, Wellesley, Yale, and more.
- $100 per hour for in-person sessions.
- $75 for a 30-minute session via phone or video chat. Note: Drafts must be sent 3 days in advance.
- $50 dollars to read an essay and provide feedback via email.
Creative Writing Coaching
Stuck on that short story, TV pilot, or YA novel? Looking for a fresh eye to help with revisions or a kick in the pants to get yourself started? Let’s work together to get it done!
- $150 for the initial one-hour planning meeting (includes creating a timeline of project goals).
- $50 for 30-minute check-ins via phone or video chat (weekly or every other week). Note: Drafts must be sent 3 days in advance.
- $40 per hour (approx. 9-10 pages) to read and provide developmental editing via email.
Give Your Stage Presence a Little Omph!
Does the idea of reading your work aloud make you cringe? Are you about to embark on a book tour and want to improve your voice, poise, and stage presence?
As an experienced theater director and producer of No, YOU Tell It!, I also offer private coaching services for authors that will turn you into a superstar at presenting your work in a public setting. Contact me at email@example.com for more information and rates.